Macquarie Singers Inc
ABN 7320 4980 632
Our Appeal is now open.
Make a tax deductible donation today and help Macquarie Singers continue and expand its efforts in promoting the enjoyment and health benefits of choral and instrumental music throughout the community including by:
- providing singing training and tuition at regular rehearsals;
- holding singing workshops open to all comers at no charge;
- giving major public concerts and smaller community performances;
- employing qualified instructors, accompanists, musicians and vocalists;
- providing performance opportunities for up and coming singers and musicians; and
- giving special membership concessions for tertiary students.
Macquarie Singers is a non-profit, non-auditioned choir of over 100 participants who rehearse and perform in the Ryde area and beyond. It is a community choir that relies on the generosity of its members and friends for financial support. Originally formed over 50 years ago at Macquarie University, the choir warmly welcomes new members of any musical ability. Anyone 18 years and older who wishes to sing in the choir is welcome. Tertiary students under 18 may apply.
The choir undertakes a range of community engagements beyond our regular program of concert performances, including ‘Carols on the Common’ at North Ryde and providing ’Singing in the Hospital’ sessions at Macquarie Hospital. In recent times the choir has expanded these community links by offering several ‘open to all’ workshops each year to develop singing skills and activities in a friendly and creative learning environment. These have proven to be outstanding successes with high participation rates.
For more information about Macquarie Singers Inc please visit our website at www.mus.org.au or email firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to discuss the possibility of a donation, please phone Geoff Taperell (0402 262 522) or Sharon Finn (0419 622 845)
Donations of $2 or more are tax deductible.